Sanford School District is accepting applications for the following openings
- SANFORD SCHOOLS is anticipating an Elementary Principal opening for the 2019-2020 School Year
Sanford Elementary is part of the small rural Sanford School District 6J located in south central Colorado and encompasses grades PK-6. The elementary school serves 210 students and is located in the town of Sanford. The District places a strong emphasis on educating the whole child and is a Leader in Me school. An elementary Lighthouse team made up of students is actively engaged in providing Seven Habit activities for the elementary students. Student led Parent Teacher Conferences are part of teaching students to be accountable and own their learning. We are committed to ensuring every student reach their full potential. The Elementary school is rated at the Performance level by the Colorado Department of Education accountability process and has been for the past several years.
Description of Position:
Sanford School District 6J is seeking a qualified motivated collaborative instructional leader to serve as Elementary Principal. Under the supervision of the Superintendent of Schools, the Principal will provide leadership and supervision in administering the educational program to promote the educational development and achievement of students in accordance with BOE policies, administrative procedures, rules and regulations, and applicable law. The Principal will serve as an instructional leader to teachers developing and overseeing professional staff development along with program development and improvement. The Principal will be responsible for the safety of students and will handle all discipline in accordance to local policy and state law.
The Principal should possess the following qualities:
- The ability to develop and support meaningful collaboration among staff, parents, and students
- Dedication to strengthening community partnerships
- The skills necessary to lead continue improvement of academic performance
- The ability and commitment to hold students and staff to high expectations
- Familiarity with educational policies, regulations and laws.
- Conflict Resolution
- Leadership qualities that enable others to embrace collaboration and shared leadership
- The ability to read and understand data to drive instruction
- The ability to carry out meaningful teacher evaluations that promote continued improvement
- Fluent with technology and technology applications.
- The ability to accomplish goals within a defined budget
Essential Duties and Functions
- Develops and administers school programs consistent with school district goals and objectives.
- Provides instructional leadership to staff with a high knowledge of effective teaching strategies and in regards to ongoing evaluation and improvement of educational programs.
- Promotes a welcoming and safe school environment that embraces individualized instruction, cooperative curriculum development, and high expectations for student learning.
- Ensures that all Board Policies and procedures are followed and carried out.
- Title I Director, carrying out all duties in regards to Title programming, application, and resources.
- Oversee the Preschool program including the ability to be one of two preschool directors on campus.
- Continues to seek self-improvement and acquire professional knowledge of current educational developments that would benefit school, staff, and student.
- Encourages staff to find new ways to engage students in their learning and to not shy from taking risks with new approaches or strategies to improve student learning.
- Keeps accurate records using the school database system and/or other systems utilized by the District.
- Collaborates with District leadership to carry out daily schedules, routines, instructional programs that are important and unique to a PK-12 school, which houses all students in one building.
- Conducts ongoing assessment of student learning and works with teachers to modify instructional methods to meet students’ needs.
- Organizes and conducts regular staff meetings that focus on continued instructional practices improvement.
- Ensures that student conduct aligns with school expectations in keeping school a safe place where learning can flourish.
- Supervises and evaluates instructional staff and other building employees in accordance with the District’s evaluation plan, and makes recommendations regarding goals, areas of needed improvement and continued employment.
- Performs other duties, tasks, and responsibilities as assigned by the Superintendent of Schools.
- Four years of successful elementary, middle school, or junior high school teaching experience, including the completion of an administrative internship program.
- Master degree or higher in educational leadership/administration with a valid Colorado Principal License.
Condition of Employment
- CBI/FBI background clearance
How to Apply
- Complete the Certified Application found on the District website www.sanfordschools.org
- Include a cover letter
- Three letters of recommendation within the last 18 months
- Copy of Principal license
Application Deadline-February 21, 2019-Attention Mr. Edgar, Superintendent
- Librarian--SANFORD SCHOOL DISTRICT is seeking an innovative Librarian willing to create learning experiences for students and specializing in multimedia, online medium, digital literacies, and information research to begin working the 2019-2020 school year. Applications can be downloaded at www.sanfordschools.org. Closing date for applications is March 6, 2019. Sanford School is an EOE&E.
- Preschool Teacher/Director--SANFORD SCHOOL DISTRICT is seeking a highly talented Preschool Teacher/Director to begin working the 2019-2020 school year. Applicant must be Early Childhood Director certified. Director experience preferred. Applications can be downloaded at www.sanfordschools.org, or picked up in the District Office. Closing date for applications is March 6, 2019. Sanford School is an EOE&E.
- Substitute Teachers
- CDL Licensed Activity Bus Drivers--The District will assist you in getting your CDL license.